Sustainable Me, Sustainable Sea
- Gr 2, 4, 6
This program helps students to become mindful of their actions and the impacts
these could have on the environment.
We discuss the term 'sustainability' and look at the
impacts human rubbish has on ocean creatures.
As a group, we discuss how we can make better daily choices,
how we can re-think our waste and we also discuss briefly
the processes involved in recycling.
Students will suggest solutions / actions they can take to live
more sustainably and we will also learn about keeping waterways clean and renewable energy sources.
Students also get to meet and learn about our beautiful live marine animals,
as well as our amazing ocean artefacts!
Program Name: Sustainable Me, Sustainable Sea
Age Group: Gr 2, 4, 6
Duration: Up to 1 hour
Australian Science Curriculum links:
- Living things depend on each other and the environment to survive (ACSSU073)
- Changes to materials can be reversible or irreversible (ACSSU095)
- The growth and survival of living things are affected by physical conditions of their environment (ACSSU094)
- Different materials can be combined for a particular purpose(ACSSU031)
- Earth’s resources are used in a variety of ways (ACSSU032)
View Curriculum Links Table.
Contact Us for more information.