Human Impacts - Gr 4, 5, 6
A program to help students realise the impacts that humans are having on the ocean, its inhabitants and the environment.
Students will learn about human induced threats to the oceans such as plastics and climate change and how we can help by finding solutions. They'll also get the chance to touch, interact with and talk about some of our beautiful live marine animals.
An engaging and interactive program that will educate and leave your students with the knowledge of how to care for our oceans and our planet.
Program Name: Human Impacts
Age Group: Grade 4, 5, 6
(can be adapted for older groups)
Duration: Up to 1 hour
Australian Science Curriculum links:
- The growth and survival of living things are affected by physical conditions of their environment (ACSSU094)
- Science involves testing predictions by gathering data and using evidence to develop explanations of events and phenomena and reflects historical and cultural contributions (ACSHE098)
- Scientific knowledge is used to solve problems and inform personal and community decisions (ACSHE100)
-Living things depend on each other and the environment to survive (ACSSU073)
- Science knowledge helps people to understand the effect of their actions (ACSHE062)
- Living things have structural features and adaptations that help them to survive in their environment (ACSSU043)
View Curriculum Links Table.
Contact Us for more information.